THE COUNSELLING CENTRE MAYNOOTH

Conselling and Psychotherapy Services  - For all your Counselling needs

Blog

view:  full / summary

The benefits of Cranio-Sacral Therapy

Posted on 5 May, 2016 at 9:20

Rosemary Reynolds of the Holistic Treatment Centre works with adults and children.


Rosemary shares an experience that led her to expand her training to include children. We are so thankfal that she did.


" I'm working as a holistic therapist at a health/wellness festival offering cranio-sacral therapy, holistic message and Reiki healing. A young woman approaches me with a little boy, who also happens to be her son and who is approximately three years of age ...

Read Full Post »

IT IS ALL ABOUT YOU

Posted on 6 February, 2016 at 11:45

IT IS ALL ABOUT YOU

How many times in your childhood or adolescence did you hear, or do you still hear the phrase ‘It’s not about you’

In actual fact It’s is all about you. How you are feeling. How you are coping. What you are about.

Our natural state of being is to be in joy. But it’s not always that easy to access this state.

Are you living your life purpose? What does this feel like? This has been described as ‘When your present...

Read Full Post »

What You Think You Feel

Posted on 5 November, 2015 at 10:05

Negative Thinking

What you think you feel.

Are your thoughts mostly negative?

If they are, you are caught in the cycle of negative thinking.

In order to start to tackle your negative thinking patterns, the first step involves identifying your style of negative thoughts.

There are four common types of negative thinking:

1.

The All or Nothing thoughts.

Everything has to be exactly right, I must get all of this done or I have failed.

2.

Read Full Post »

That Hopeless Feeling

Posted on 7 October, 2015 at 17:00

That hopeless feeling.

 

I call it the hopeless place.

Have you ever experienced feeling absolutely hopeless. Where everything just feels so awful. It's a very scary place to be. For in this place you are disconnected from all of the good feelings. You are disconnected from people. Disconnected from hope. It's hard to see a way out or through this place. Sometimes it's money worries that lead you into this darkness. Or relationship problems, with your partner, yo...

Read Full Post »

Anger Management - How Counselling Helps

Posted on 13 September, 2015 at 15:10

Anger Management – How Counselling Helps?

 

Here at The Counselling Centre Maynooth, we are very aware of the negative impact anger can have on your life when it gets out of control.

 

Anger is a normal healthy human feeling. Like all feelings it’s how you respond to that feeling that can cause problems. When you express anger and it reaches a point where you rage at others, anger has taken over and you are not fully in control. This can lead to p...

Read Full Post »

Fast Track to Change

Posted on 16 August, 2015 at 9:15

Hypnotherapist - Psychotherapist – Energy Healer at the Counselling Centre Maynooth

 

Hypnotherapy

Derville Daly - Dip. Clinical Hypnotherapy, R.C Hypnotherapy.

BSc (Hons.) Counselling & Psychotherapy. (MIACP)

 

Derville is a qualified hypnotherapist and a counselling psychotherapist. Derville uses hypnotherapy for many issues including smoking cessation, weight loss, anxiety and sports motivation, fear of flying, public speaking...

Read Full Post »

Depression and the fear of relapse

Posted on 3 July, 2015 at 6:40

If you suffer from depression then you are very aware of the signs and symptoms of an episode. You may notice a heaviness in different parts of your body. You may be experiencing a sleepiness or lethargy. Certain types of thoughts may be rattling around your head on bad days, or certain repetitive negative images may be present leaving you feeling down.

You know your own symptoms as each depression sufferer’s symptoms are unique to the individual.

As you emerge from a parti...

Read Full Post »

Common Reasons why Couples Seek Counselling

Posted on 2 June, 2015 at 19:20


 

 

1. Communication has become negative.

 

If communication has become negative between a couple, or has broken down completely, it is difficult to break the cycle of miscommunication and misinterpretation without help. Couples repeat the cycle of negative communication over and over.

Negative communication can include anything that leaves one partner feeling depressed, insecure, disregarded, or wanting to withdraw from the convers...

Read Full Post »

Stop Dieting - Part 1

Posted on 29 May, 2015 at 3:05

What does this mean?

Stop dieting, stop failing, stop putting on weight. Say no to dieting.

Its time to take back control of your beautiful body.

Dieting does not work, in fact you end up heavier after you return to your way of eating. Yet why is it that over half of the adult population are on a diet at any one time?

As food is more readily available and fast food in particular is easy on your pocket and your time, the p...

Read Full Post »

The Lifecycle of a diet Overview

Posted on 29 May, 2015 at 2:55

The lifecycle of a diet: -

Why is it that diets fail? Research tells us that you have a 95% of failing on a diet. That means you only have a 5% chance of succeeding. Yet the dieting industry is a multi billion dollar industry. As long as there is so much money to be made from this industry new diets will continue to come on stream and 95% of you will go back again and again trying out something new.

As our population gets heavier and unhealthier, we despera...

Read Full Post »

Rss_feed